As I think back over 2014 (struggling as I’ve worked toward my goals) I just want to say that authors and writers, published or not, whether working on a writing career, or writing for the joy of it to share with family and friends, are so wonderful and helpful. They never think twice about offering a bit of encouragement, offer advice, or give you free expertise. Authors and writers are some of the nicest people I know. Many take time out of their busy schedule to make a comment to one of your questions, and most won’t bat an eyelash when it comes to telling you their experiences on the road to publication so you can learn from them. Every successful author I know has a passion to write and a deep desire to help other struggling writers via their websites and sometimes in an email.
I believe many agents, as well, take time out of their busy schedules to give expert advice because they really do want writers to succeed. But what many new writers don’t realize is what’s all involved in the process of being published or how great the competition is.
My goals for 2015:
* to reach out to successful author’s and secure interviews on how their career began, and how they climbed the ladder to publication success, whether in print, on the web, or epublishing. Every writer struggles at times, but it’s such a struggle for new writers because not are you writing your story, there is also so much to learn along the way, and so much competition. New writers who are serious about their craft need help and encouragement. If I can pass along some advice in order to shorten someone’s career to publication, or make the journey a little easier, then I’m looking forward to 2015;
* get my new MG fantasy website up and running, which isn’t too far off. The theme will be fantasy-related. The web designer designing my site will be forthcoming soon;
* to gain more knowledge on all-around marketing and branding;
* to have my book trailer completed and up on my website in the near future;
* to get some of my children’s stories up on Amazon;
* and, to exercise and work out more. :0
I hope your year goes well, with very few bumps, and I hope you’ll continue to follow me in my journey, to follow your own heart, and reach your goals. I will try to help you along the way by passing along helpful information as it comes to me.
(The enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy. Therefore, “Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.” ~Proverbs 4:23)